eklectikfish by kateepie

Thursday 20 May 2010

warping frame

I'm really proud of myself, as I, not being very good generally at making things square (thank goodness for big perspex thingies with lines on), have actually managed to make myself a warping frame.

I looked at several on the internet, but they seemed pretty expensive for what they were - so, a trip to B&Q and I had timber, two lengths of dowel, some metal plates and a pretty big drill bit.

Lots of sawing and sanding later, here it is!  I'm really pleased at how robust and sturdy it is... and square... which is the main thing!


I've ordered some texsolv heddles for my table loom, so hopefully once they arrive I can start work on warping up and getting some samples done.

Kx

1 comment:

  1. GREAT! But can you give us the basic dimensions and the method of joining the 4 pieces. Many thanks.

    Richard Matthew

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails