eklectikfish by kateepie

Tuesday 16 March 2010

bond jumper

I started knitting a jumper for me in November, hoping I would get in done in time to wear it before the winter is out.  I got the pattern out of an old Rowan knitting magazine and liked its simplicity.  Its called 'Bond' and was designed by Kim Hargreaves.  Since finishing it a week or two ago I have worn it almost constantly, its sooo warm and cosy!   Here it is, the finished item...



The pattern called for Rowan DK soft, which I think has now been discontinued.  I had found some soft wool in Hobbycraft of all places - Eco wool by Sirdar - which is an undyed 100% wool.  Not sure what the breed is (they helpfully just describe it as 'earth'), but it might be something like Castlemilk.  Its thicker than the DK soft, and, as I later out, only has around half the yardage - so I kept having to go back and buy a couple more balls, and then a couple more!  The pattern called for 5 50g balls, I used nearly 11 - so let that be a warning!!

It has a simple slash neck and set in sleeves, so was a good beginner jumper project.




Here is is on, photo taken on a sunny morning this weekend - excuse my double chin!



I guess I will probably get more wear out of it next winter (though I could have done with it a few weeks ago!)... its getting a little bit tooo warm out there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails